Assistance Information

(860) 851-9987
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions:

Q: Who is eligible for assistance?
A: Any Stafford or Union Resident (proof of residency required) or member of a Stafford or Union Church

Q: What kind of assistance is available?
A: Safe Net provides help in the following areas:

  1. Food, through Flo’s Friendship Kitchen and our food cupboard
  2. Utilities (fuel oil, gas, water, electric, etc.)

Q: How do I know I qualify for help?
A: All applicants must go through Stafford Social Services or be referred by a clergy member. There you will be advised as to what assistance is available for your particular circumstance.

Q: Who do I contact, and how?
A: Contact can be made through a number of ways:

  1. via Phone 860-851-9987
  2. Through Stafford Social Services
    3 Buckley Highway
    Stafford Springs, CT 06076
  3. Through a clergy member at one of the Stafford or Union churches
  4. Through a Safe Net Board member
  5. Via the USPS – 86 Main Street P.O. Box 93, Stafford Springs, CT, 06076

For any other additional questions, please Contact Us.


“In accordance with Federal Law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.”